1. Contact your agent if you feel you have a loss.
2. You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or through the mail.
3. An adjustor will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
4. The claims adjustor should provide you with an itemized explanation of your claim settlement, including your deductible amount and depreciation.
5. Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement costs, provided the repairs are actually completed. In these cases, depreciation is deemed recoverable, and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.
NOTE: All carriers have their own method of processing claims. This is just a general guideline.